These sweetened banana muffins are so fluffy and moist, I bet no one can guess they’re healthy muffins. Healthy, wholesome, nutritious and tasty! They’re easy to make, too, with basic ingredients and only one mixing bowl!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup honey
2 eggs, preferably at room temperature
1 cup packed mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
¼ cup milk of choice (almond milk)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
1¾ cups Soya Flour Power
⅓ cup oats, plus more for sprinkling on top
1 teaspoon coconut nectar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat your oven to 165°C
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and honey together with a whisk. Add eggs and beat the mixture well. Mix in the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined. If you’d like to add any additional mix-ins, like nuts or dried fruit, fold them in now.
- Divide the batter evenly between 11 muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a small amount of oats (about 1 tablespoon), followed by a light sprinkling of nectar (about 1 teaspoon).
- Bake the muffins for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. You might need to run a butter knife along the outer edge of the muffins to loosen them from the pan.