Vitamin D3 is produced in our bodies underneath our skin as a reaction to sunlight exposure. Other natural sources of Vitamin D include salmon, mackerel, sardines, milk, eggs and liver.
Vitamin D helps contribute to several important functions in the body. It contributes to:
- The maintenance of normal bones and teeth
- The maintenance of normal muscle function
- The normal function of the immune system,helping your body fight off infection
- The absorption/utilisation of Calcium and Phosphorus
- Normal blood calcium levels
- Vitamin D also has a role in the process of cell division